Saturday, August 25, 2007

Program Photo Day

UPDATE:

One of the first things the Cary debs did after signing up to participate in the ball was to buy a dress. Although this is partially out of excitement, the other main reason for this behavior is that the girls need to have their dresses paid for and alterations done in time to take the photos for the program, which is done MONTHS before the ball.

I met up with Cassidy and Karen at 8am the morning of picture day at The Hair Show and Day Spa. It was so early that the stylist had to be open the salon early to accommodate the deb's time restrictions. Cassidy's photos were supposed to be taken at 10am and she was rushing to make sure you got there on time.

She ended up with an updo that looked much easier to do than it actually was. The sylist also did her makeup for the photo shoot before we ran out the door to make it back to the MacGregor Downs Country Club where the photographer was waiting. She got there just in time to throw on her dress.

Unfortunately, three things went wrong at the shoot:
1. one side of the halter straps that were added onto the dress ripped. It was both concealable and fixable, but annoying nonetheless.
2. The photographer had no idea I was coming. I was under the mistaken impression that the deb society would tell the photographer who I was and what I was doing there. Yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong. I got a few shots of Cassidy getting her photos done, but they photographer wasn't happy about it.
3. When Cassidy was taking off her dress, she got a bit of makeup (lipgloss if I remember correctly) on the dress, so she had to take it to get cleaned.

Then everything was over just as fast as it began.