Saturday, December 8, 2007

Parent Sponsored Party #4 - Night at the Oscars

The last parent sponsored party was held The Embassy Suites Hotel in Cary. The theme was "A Night at the Oscars" and centered around the memories of the Deb season since this was the last party before the Ball. Like the two parties before it, this event called for a date.

When the party began, the girls mingled outside the party room looking at a poster decorated with baby pictures and they were asked to vote on which baby grew up to be which deb. The votes were tallied and announced later. The room was simply and elegantly decorated with balloons and large round tables with fancy table clothes and silverware. The party itself centered largely around a catered sit-down dinner, which everyone seemed to enjoy. Afterwards one of the four girls fathers' who were hosting the party came to the podium to hand out superlative awards - "most likely to ...". I'll save the intricacies of that for the film.

The evening concluded with a slideshow of pictures from the deb season. I personally thought it was long and boring because sooooo many of the pictures were either repeats or looked entirely too similar to be included. Either way, the girls seemed to enjoy it.

As usual the debs received some fancy gifts: earrings engraved with their initials and little jewelry boxes with "Cary Debutante 2007" engraved on it.


After the party, I headed back to Cassidy's house to do a quick interview with her. I used the lights that were set up that morning (although they did have to be moved a bit to deal with the difference between night and day). The interview itself lasted about 10-15 minutes, but was cut short due to a shortage of camera batteries. Sad, but true. Either way, I think I got what I needed from the limited time that I had.