Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dance Rehearsal #2

Again, this event was shot by a remote unit. (For more on this, see the post from Saturday, November 3rd.) I'll post the notes from the event as soon as I get them. Here are the notes I sent to the shooter.

The dance rehearsal is on Sunday night 5:30-7:30 at the Premier School of Dance. This is the second rehearsal for the debs, but the first for the marshal. Again, mic Cassidy up. Before they start, ask her how the 1st rehearsal went and how she and her marshal, Wade, expect this one to go.

Then, just shoot the rehearsal. Get shots of Cassidy as well as the other debs and the instructors. Important shots are: the couples stepping on each others feet, instructors fixing the dancers positions, dancers getting frustrated if they are screwing up, and being happy they are doing well. I like using the mirrors to help get the shots that I want without letting the more self-conscious girls know I'm filming them. At the end, ask some of the girls and their dates how they think it went.